The Community Foundation administers multiple scholarship funds, all started by caring donors who are passionate about helping others attain higher education credentials. Over 35 scholarship applications are available through our website. Including renewable scholarships, these applications result in nearly $400,000 in scholarships being distributed by the Community Foundation every year to help students meet their higher education goals.
2017 Scholarship Deadlines
- November 1, 2016: Scholarship applications become available on our online scholarship system.
- January 4, 2017: Iowa/Illinois Regional Auto Show Scholarship Applications due via our online scholarship system.
- February 15, 2017: All other scholarship applications (except Hapke) are due via our online scholarship system. Paper applications will not be accepted. All supplemental material, such as letters of recommendation and transcripts, must also be submitted via our online scholarship system by this date. See FAQs for more details.
- April 2017: Scholarship Committee meets to evaluate applications and select recipients.
- May 2017: Scholarship applicants are notified of decisions by email. Scholarship recipients will receive more information by mail.
- May 2017: Tentative date for CFGRB Scholarship Reception. All scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend to meet the donors and scholarship committee members who made these scholarships possible.
- June 15, 2017: Deadline for scholarship recipients to submit Student Information Sheet via our online scholarship system.
- July to Early August 2017: Scholarship checks are sent to recipients' educational institutions.
Login to our online scholarship system by clicking here. If this is your first visit, you will be prompted to create a new user account and password. Before applying, we encourage you to do the following three things:
- Visit the FAQs about our scholarships.
- Review all scholarship listings, as each has different requirements.
- So that you don't miss any important communication from us, add these two email addresses to your email contact lists:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Automated emails from the online scholarship system will come from this address. (Do not send email to this address.)
- email@example.com - You may email us at this address with questions and supplemental materials.
If you have additional questions please call us at 563-326-2840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.