Van Buren Telephone Company Endowment

On July 30, 1923 the Birmingham Mutual Telephone Company, Farmers Connective Telephone Company of Bonaparte, Union Telephone Company and the Farmers Mutual Telephone Company of Utica were merged to form the Van Buren Mutual Telephone Company. Once joined, they placed their main locations in Birmingham, Bonaparte, Keosauqua and Stockport, Iowa. In 1956, the name of the company was changed to the Van Buren Telephone Co.

They currently serve Bentonsport, Bonaparte, Birmingham, Cantril, Keosauqua, Mt.Sterling, Stockport and the Villages of Van Buren, Iowa. They offer services dealing with telephone, long-distance, wireless, internet and DSL installation or repair. They also provide various services to improve speed, quality, safety and convenience of the surrounding communities’ communication needs. For more information about the Van Buren Telephone Co., visit their website at www.vanburentelco.com.

 

"It's amazing how something small can become something great. It blossoms from people caring."

Read more

Refer a friend to us

Know someone who would benefit from the expertise of our financial professionals at the Community Foundation? Refer them to us now!

Did You Know?

Charitable organizations in the Quad Cities that promote youth activities can apply for the Roy E. Murray Foundation Grant for Youth.
Read more